Paru dans Haaretz
By Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondent and The Associated Press
Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Wednesday warned that should Israel attack Lebanon, it would suffer an even greater defeat than the one he claimed it suffered in 2006.
« We are prepared for every possibility and are ready for all aggression… The Zionists will discover that the war they had in July was a walk in the park if we compare it to what we’ve prepared for every new aggression, » Nasrallah said, referring to the Second Lebanon War.
The militant organization’s leader made the comments in a speech carried by Arab TV networks. He also said Israel would not be able to destroy Hamas, against which it is waging a ground offensive in Gaza.
Nasrallah also chastised Arab leaders for mediating a truce with Israel instead of siding with embattled Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.
His remarks were a step-up in rhetoric – he has so far only verbally supported Hamas allies fighting Israeli troops in Gaza – that could stoke tension on Israel’s northern border.
Israel has warned Hezbollah against igniting a second front, saying it would retaliate massively.